M A R E N O S T R U M - S P A C E F O R D I A L O G U E A N D D I V E R S I T Y
T h e V o i c e o f W e s t A f r i c a
Collective Memory & Collective Consciousness
CONCLUSION OF THE PILOT PROJECT
Women in Fishery in Senegal - Between Tradition and Modernity - The Future of Memory
Awareness on a true understanding of the role of Senegalese women in society through their role in the sacred - in context with the traditional role in their daily work and the current conditions, influenced by the crisis of fisheries, the migration and globalization.
CREATING A BRIDGE BETWEEN WEST AFRICA AND EUROPE :
- For the conservation of original identities and social micro-structures,
using the example of the traditional fishing communities in West Africa
- For more sustainability in loco and the reduction of emigration
- By the mediation of migrants who live in Europe
and embody here their own culture in an exemplary way
IN COLLABORATION WITH :
- Gabin Dabiré, composer, poet and singer from Burkina Faso, lives since decades in Italy
He was defined by Herbie Hancock as "The new synthesis of African music".
- Moustapha Dembélé, griot from Mali, lives in Italy since several years
He comes from an important griot family, also famous for the construction of traditional instruments.
Visual studies and biographical notes on Dabiré and Dembélé :